Meet the Chancellor – An exclusive NAPAbroadcasting conversation with the new California Community College Chancellor, Eloy Ortiz Oakley
Perhaps at no time has the connection between education, the economy and the basic fabric of our communities been so closely linked. With the many layers and systems of government and education we have in place, it’s often hard to find one touchpoint for addressing all of these issues.
In California we have that opportunity. It exists in the mission and purpose of our community college system. The largest such system in the country. A group of 72 independent districts and 113 colleges, it alone has to look at the present and future of our economy, how we educate the workforce for that economy, and because of its local and decientalied nature, how it prepares both itself and the students it serves, to engage and interact with their local communities and leaders.
No small task. Taking on that task is the newly mined Chancellor of the California Community College system, Eloy Ortiz Oakley.
- Wine Industry Trends and The State of the Wine Industry – A presentation by Rob McMillan to the Napa Planning Commission June 21, 2017
- BOTTLE TALK WITH RICK AND PAUL June 13, 2017
- Exciting Future Plans for the Napa Valley College Viticulture & Winery Technology Program May 16, 2017
- What Will Joelle Gallagher Be Like As Napa County’s Newest Planning Commissioner? May 15, 2017
- St. Helena City Council Has Gone from Business Unfriendly to Openly Hostile May 9, 2017