Meet the Chancellor – An exclusive NAPAbroadcasting conversation with the new California Community College Chancellor, Eloy Ortiz Oakley
Perhaps at no time has the connection between education, the economy and the basic fabric of our communities been so closely linked. With the many layers and systems of government and education we have in place, it’s often hard to find one touchpoint for addressing all of these issues.
In California we have that opportunity. It exists in the mission and purpose of our community college system. The largest such system in the country. A group of 72 independent districts and 113 colleges, it alone has to look at the present and future of our economy, how we educate the workforce for that economy, and because of its local and decientalied nature, how it prepares both itself and the students it serves, to engage and interact with their local communities and leaders.
No small task. Taking on that task is the newly mined Chancellor of the California Community College system, Eloy Ortiz Oakley.
A talk with David Oro...Newest Member of the American Canyon City Council
Napa Police Chief Steve Potter Talks about the Recent Officer Involved Shootings, Immigration, and the Status of the Napa High Football Investigation
- NVC Board of Trustees 7.12.18 July 14, 2018
- POTTER for PARNESS : A good trade for the City of Napa July 5, 2018
- California fights wildfires aggressively—but prevention takes a back seat July 4, 2018
- A Conversation with Mary Ann Mancuso: President of the Napa Valley College Board of Trustees July 4, 2018
- A Conversation with DR. RON KRAFT: How NAPA VALLEY COLLEGE Works: A Deep Look Inside Community College Governance July 3, 2018