CAGE THE ELEPHANT: On Cage The Elephant’s third album, MELOPHOBIA, the rock band was faced with the challenge of finding cohesiveness in the ideas of five different people. After touring for nearly five years straight on their prior releases, 2008’s Cage The Elephant and 2011’s Thank You, Happy Birthday, the musicians took some time off the road, to write as individuals before getting back together in August of 2012 to begin work on MELOPHOBIA as a collective.
“As individuals we all had fairly vague visions for how we wanted the record to turn out,” lead singer Matt Shultz says. “They were pretty polar. It really became a challenge to combine all these polar opposites together in a cohesive way. We first started writing material that was very intimate and had a very kind of close and hushed sound to it, but our hearts missed that energy and swagger and playfulness we love so much. Once that came to light, the record really started taking shape on its own. It was the uniting of several different ideas that were really different from each other.”
This year’s festival takes place May 29-31, 2015 at the Napa Valley Expo.
NVUSD Superintendent Patrick Sweeney takes a comprehensive look at 2015 education
- A Conversation with Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry July 19, 2018
- NVC Board of Trustees 7.12.18 July 14, 2018
- POTTER for PARNESS : A good trade for the City of Napa July 5, 2018
- California fights wildfires aggressively—but prevention takes a back seat July 4, 2018
- A Conversation with Mary Ann Mancuso: President of the Napa Valley College Board of Trustees July 4, 2018