THE AVETT BROTHERS: If you put your ear to the street, you can hear the rumble of the world in motion; people going to and from work, to school, to the grocery store. You may even hear the whisper of their living rooms, their conversation, their complaints, and if you’re lucky, their laughter. If you’re almost anywhere in America, you’ll hear something different, something special, something you recognize but haven’t heard in a long time. It is the sound of a real celebration.It is not New Year’s, and it is not a political convention. It is neither a prime time game-show, nor a music video countdown, bloated with fame and sponsorship. What you are hearing is the love for a music. It is the unbridled outcry of support for a song that sings to the heart, that dances with the soul. The jubilation is in the theaters, the bars, the music clubs, the festivals. The love is for a band.The songs are honest: just chords with real voices singing real melodies. But, the heart and the energy with which they are sung, is really why people are talking, and why so many sing along.
This year’s festival takes place May 29-31, 2015 at the Napa Valley Expo.
Jennifer Maytorena Taylor on "Napa Valley College Now" The final Photo Eye presentation looks at very personal documentaries
- NVC Board of Trustees 6.14.18 June 18, 2018
- What We Can Learn About Tourism From Carmel: There problems are very much like our. A conversation with Carmel hotel owner and Vice Mayor Carrie Theis June 15, 2018
- A Conversation with Napa Police Chief Steve Potter June 13, 2018
- The Final Unofficial Measure C Totals June 12, 2018
- The Latest On The Ballot Count From JOHN TUTEUR: As of 10:00 am on Wednesday (6/6) June 6, 2018