THE AVETT BROTHERS: If you put your ear to the street, you can hear the rumble of the world in motion; people going to and from work, to school, to the grocery store. You may even hear the whisper of their living rooms, their conversation, their complaints, and if you’re lucky, their laughter. If you’re almost anywhere in America, you’ll hear something different, something special, something you recognize but haven’t heard in a long time. It is the sound of a real celebration.It is not New Year’s, and it is not a political convention. It is neither a prime time game-show, nor a music video countdown, bloated with fame and sponsorship. What you are hearing is the love for a music. It is the unbridled outcry of support for a song that sings to the heart, that dances with the soul. The jubilation is in the theaters, the bars, the music clubs, the festivals. The love is for a band.The songs are honest: just chords with real voices singing real melodies. But, the heart and the energy with which they are sung, is really why people are talking, and why so many sing along.
This year’s festival takes place May 29-31, 2015 at the Napa Valley Expo.
Jennifer Maytorena Taylor on "Napa Valley College Now" The final Photo Eye presentation looks at very personal documentaries
- The Criminal Justice Divide Between Sacramento and Napa: A Conversation with DA Allison Haley December 5, 2018
- Congressman Mike Thompson talks 116th Congress December 3, 2018
- As Syar Industries seeks to expand, it finds that no good effort goes unpunished December 3, 2018
- Ding Dong November 30, 2018
- California Burning November 23, 2018