ROBERT PLANT: A million miles lay between the brooding pulse of Mississippi Delta life and the sanitized shelter of the timid English boy, circa 1962.
50 years on – drawing from a lifetime of adventures, tracking the dark, beautiful resonator, Plant follows his heart and lifts his voice higher and joyous ever away – and beyond – A voice of experience and learning from the sounds of Southside Chicago Electric Blues; of Griot mantras from West Africa; from Louisiana Dance Halls; Greenwich Village Folk hangover; Haight Ashbury indulgences; Moroccan medina breakbeat; the early English radical techno materials, Texas two-step and Bristol Dubstep.
Before his recent projects in Nashville with Alison Krauss and Band of Joy, Plant worked alongside the very interesting force, “Strange Sensation”, recording the critically acclaimed, multi-Grammy nominated albums – “Dreamland” and “Mighty Rearranger”. From this platform, Sensational Space Shifters has developed. Now together these confederates and conspirators dig deeper and more intensely, always twisting and turning, bringing the past into a brilliant technicolour present.
This year’s festival takes place May 29-31, 2015 at the Napa Valley Expo.
- DIANE DILLON talks reelection, Measures C and D, Housing and More April 20, 2018
- Let The Games Begin: The First Napa City Council Debate of the Season. April 18, 2018
- The Very Latest in John Tuteur vs. The Napa County Grand Jury: New Charges, Sealed Documents and Upcoming Court Dates. Here is all the latest April 17, 2018
- NVC Board of Trustees 4.12.18 April 15, 2018
- Confused about Measure C? Dave Whitmer, Jeri Hansen-Gill, Phil Blake on Why Measure C Is A Bad Idea April 13, 2018