The City Council selection process
Congratulations to Mary Luros, our newest Napa City Council Member.
For those of you that were following this, she went off at 10 to 1 odds. Far better than where she started 🙂
The Napa City Council spent a beautiful Saturday working hard to pick a new member for the City Council. It was a good process and they should be commended. While five of their top six choices were wise, considered and expected, the choice of Dorris Gentry as a finalist, particularly over candidates that actually put themselves out there and ran for the seat, specifically Derek Anderson and Jose Hurtado, is a true slap in the face.
What we really learned today is that we have some great newcomers to our political process, Mary Luros certainly, but also people like Elba Gonzalez-Mares and Melissa Patrino. If anything, it tells us that the future of City of Napa politics is in good hands and that should make us all feel very good!!
Here is Mary Luros’ winning interview for the City Council position:
A Napa investment advisor takes on Monsanto
- A Conversation with Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry July 19, 2018
- NVC Board of Trustees 7.12.18 July 14, 2018
- POTTER for PARNESS : A good trade for the City of Napa July 5, 2018
- California fights wildfires aggressively—but prevention takes a back seat July 4, 2018
- A Conversation with Mary Ann Mancuso: President of the Napa Valley College Board of Trustees July 4, 2018